Brutus or Antony? Who was more effective?
Choose 5 questions to respond to in "comments". I would suggest writing about some things you are still trying to work out as it may be helpful in writing your paper. Remember to use a reason (claim), evidence, and warrant. Warrants should be longer. 3 your responses so we know which question you are addressing.
1. What is the speaker’s primary mode of appeal?
2. What is the speaker’s goal? What does he wish to occur as a result of this speech?
3. What is the speaker’s argument?
4. What reasons does he offer for his argument being right?
5. Identify at least two different tones with which this speaker speaks. Why does he use this tone? Why does he change it?
6. What rhetorical tactics – appeals to pathos, logos, ethos, or other rhetorical tools – does the speaker use?
7. Are these tools effective? Ineffective? Why?
8. What points or ideas does this speaker particularly emphasize?
9. Why does he emphasize those points and not others?
10. What links between ideas does this speaker create or emphasize?
11. Do you find him convincing? Why or why not?
12. How credible is this speaker?
13. What is his bias?
14. Does his bias invalidate or compromise the validity of his argument?