Reaching Beyond the Summit...
In schools that have embraced personalized learning, teachers have the tools and support to customize instruction to meet students’ individual needs and interests. This flexibility is supported by online software that allows teachers and students to create and carry out individual learning plans, track progress, and collaborate.
Personalized learning is an approach to learning where:
Check out the Summit website for more information!
Summit prepares a diverse student population for success in college, career and life, and to be contributing members of society.
How do we do that?
Summit flips the traditional adult-driven school model on its head by putting students at the center and creating an environment that enables students to drive their own learning.
Summit Schools are Small
• Every Summit student has at least one adult mentor and coach, who individually supports them to set goals, make a plan to achieve those goals and develop in their Habits of Success. A mentor also serves as college counselor, coach, family liaison and advocate.
• Every single student is known by every faculty member, and teachers continuously collaborate to ensure students have the feedback and practice they need to become empowered learners.
Summit Schools are Personalized
• Every Summit student has a dynamic Personalized Learning Plan and is able to access all of the learning tools and resources they need at any time.
• Summit students have the opportunity to explore individual passions, interests and careers for eight weeks each year.
Summit Schools are Empowering
• Summit students are self-directed learners. From the day they arrive, Summit students are encouraged and coached to develop in the elements of self-directed learning - Challenge Seeking, Persistence, Strategy-shifting, Response to Setbacks and Appropriate Help Seeking.
• Summit students receive consistent, relevant, and personalized support seamlessly integrated into their school day as they drive towards their academic and personal goals.
Summit Schools are Rigorous
• All Summit students demonstrate competency in college preparatory course work in five core subjects and the visual arts.
• All Summit students meet or exceed four-year college entrance requirements.
--All information is Taken from the Summit Site