Reaching Beyond the Summit...
Developed by teachers from Summit Public Schools with engineering assistance from Facebook, the Summit Personalized Learning Platform is an online tool that powers personalized learning. It helps students connect their long term goals to their daily actions. Students move at their own pace to learn skills, apply those skills to real world projects and reflect on their learning.
Summit Personalized Learning Platform highlights include:
Check out the Summit website for more information!
Summit prepares a diverse student population for success in college, career and life, and to be contributing members of society.
How do we do that?
Summit flips the traditional adult-driven school model on its head by putting students at the center and creating an environment that enables students to drive their own learning.
Summit Schools are Small
• Every Summit student has at least one adult mentor and coach, who individually supports them to set goals, make a plan to achieve those goals and develop in their Habits of Success. A mentor also serves as college counselor, coach, family liaison and advocate.
• Every single student is known by every faculty member, and teachers continuously collaborate to ensure students have the feedback and practice they need to become empowered learners.
Summit Schools are Personalized
• Every Summit student has a dynamic Personalized Learning Plan and is able to access all of the learning tools and resources they need at any time.
• Summit students have the opportunity to explore individual passions, interests and careers for eight weeks each year.
Summit Schools are Empowering
• Summit students are self-directed learners. From the day they arrive, Summit students are encouraged and coached to develop in the elements of self-directed learning - Challenge Seeking, Persistence, Strategy-shifting, Response to Setbacks and Appropriate Help Seeking.
• Summit students receive consistent, relevant, and personalized support seamlessly integrated into their school day as they drive towards their academic and personal goals.
Summit Schools are Rigorous
• All Summit students demonstrate competency in college preparatory course work in five core subjects and the visual arts.
• All Summit students meet or exceed four-year college entrance requirements.
--All information is Taken from the Summit Site